For definitions, please refer to our Terms and Conditions page.
1. What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
1.1 When registering for the Services or logging into the Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information or other details for security reasons and to help you have a better experience.
2. When do we collect information?
2.1 We collect information from you when you register on our Website, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use online live communication (chat), open a support ticket for our team or enter information on our Website.
3. How do we use your information?
3.1 We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our Website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Website feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
4. How do we protect your information?
4.1 Our Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Website as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of Polydone staff who has special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when you place an order, enter, submit, or access your information, to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
5. Do we use “cookies”?
6. Third-party Disclosure.
6.1 We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include Website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the Law, enforce our Website Policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
7. Third-party links.
7.1 Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
8. How does our Website handle “do not track” signals?
8.1 We honor “do not track” signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (the “DNT”) browser mechanism is in place.
9. Does our Website allow third-party behavioral tracking?
9.1 We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
10. Data Protection
10.1 Each party shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
10.2 Polydone shall have the right to collect and analyze data and other information provided by the Customer from time to time, in aggregate or other de-identified form, relating to the provision, use and performance of various aspects of the Service and related systems and technologies (including, without limitation, information concerning the Customer data and data derived therefrom) for the purpose of improving and enhance the Service and for other development, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with the Service and other Polydone offerings, and disclose such data solely in aggregate or other de-identified form in connection with its business.
10.3 The Customer (the “Controller”) may from time to time provide personal data about the Customer’s personnel, contractors, clients or otherwise (the “Personal Data”) to Polydone (the “Processor”) and the Processor shall, in accordance with the Law:
- only process Personal Data for the performance of the Service;
- inform the Customer of any request to process the Personal Data by any legal entity, prior to the processing thereof;
- implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the harm that might result from unauthorised or unlawful processing, or accidental loss of, or destruction or damage to, the Personal Data;
- ensure that all Processor personnel authorised to process Personal Data is required to keep Personal Data confidential;
- not transfer Personal Data to a country outside the legislation of GDPR without prior consent from the Controller;
- assist the Controller with any request relating to Personal Data, to the Processor best ability and knowledge;
- notify the Controller, upon becoming aware of a Personal Data breach;
- return the Personal Data to the Controller at the Controller’s request;
- destroy all Personal Data at the request of the Controller or upon termination of this Contract, unless otherwise required by Law.
10.4 In order to provide support and security to the Customer and to improve the Service, Polydone may engage from time to time the services of third party suppliers to process Personal Data (the “Sub-Processor”) and shall enter into a written agreement with the Sub-Processor incorporating terms and conditions relating to Data Protection equal or more restrictive than the ones of this Contract.
10.5 Polydone shall host Customer data provided by the Customer on secure servers provided by third-party suppliers, such as Amazon Web Services, hosted uniquely in the European Union, in accordance with GDPR regulations, and shall not transfer any Customer Data outside of the E.U. without prior written consent from the Customer. If your company is not based in the E.U. or if you require your data to be hosted at a location other than the E.U., this can be arranged by Polydone for an additional fee.
11. CAN SPAM Act.
11.1 The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.We collect your email address in order to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
11.3 Some emails do not have an unsubscibe system since they are essential to and inseparable from the proper functioning of the product and service that you choose to use.